To know me is to know that I am not really a sweets person. In fact, I could probably give up dessert for the rest of my life if I had to (insane, right?). However, I am a sucker for all things savory + salty...so when my mom shared this recipe for three ingredient peanut butter no bake cookies with me, I had to immediately give them a try. I only had enough ingredients to make a half version of this recipe, but it was a great way to taste-test!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup natural peanut butter - I am a huge fan of Nuttzo, so I used their Power Fuel Crunchy.
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
Let's Make It:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- In a medium (large enough to add oats later) microwave-safe bowl, add the peanut butter and maple syrup. Whisk together until combined.
- Heat the mixture in 20-second increments in the microwave until warm and fragrant, and the mixture begins to dry out (the original recipe says 4-7 rounds, I think mine only took 4). Whisk in between heating increments.
- Add oats to the peanut butter mixture. Stir and fold until thoroughly combined.
[gallery ids="1070,1071" type="rectangular"]
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Flatten cookies to desired thickness using a fork.
[gallery ids="1072,1073" type="rectangular"]
- Chill in the freezer for 15-25 mins (at the very least), until firm and completely cooled. I let mine freeze for an hour, which was great...and even better overnight.
These cookies are something that both people with a sweet tooth and others with a savory tooth can agree on!