Oh, kale...how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
I love to make kale chips with you. I love to add you to smoothies. I love you toss you in soups. But most of all, I love you in salads.
Okay, now that my love affair with kale is out in the open, let's chat salads!
Is there anything better than a chilled salad on a hot summer day? This salad is one of my favorites! It's so easy to assemble and you can toss anything that sounds good to you in it! Perfect for those days when you need to clean out the fridge.
What You'll Need:
- 3-4 cups of baby kale
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1/4 strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup of granny smith apple, diced
- Handful of roasted nuts (I used almonds and walnuts)
- 1 TBS of dijon mustard
- 1 TBS of maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- S&P to taste
Let's Make It:
- Assemble all salad ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Pour all of dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together. Taste for seasoning.
- Place both salad and dressing in refrigerator and chill until ready to serve.
- Once ready, pour dressing on salad, toss to combine. Serve immediately.