Peanut Butter Banana Bread Muffins
Happy weekend, friends! :)
I don't know what it is about weekends in the winter, but I have this thing for getting up early on Saturday mornings and baking. Maybe I just love the aroma of something yummy filling our house first-thing in the morning when everything is still quiet, but it's become a lovely ritual of mine.
Apparently, yesterday was #NationalBananaBreadDay...and I missed it! Banana bread is kind of my thing, so I'm not going to lie: I'm a little disappointed in myself that I let this wonderful day sneak by me! I love making banana bread when we have guests staying with us or as a little treat to say "thanks" to friends and family (here is my go-to recipe).
Even though it's a day later, I'm still going to celebrate National Banana Bread Day today with some peanut butter banana bread muffins!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup of sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter (I used my FAVORITE Organic Power Fuel Smooth 7 Seed and Nut Butter from Nuttzo)
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I was all out of whole wheat flour, so I used Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Natural Almond Flour that I had on-hand).
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Let's Make It:
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add mashed bananas. Combine well.
- Add peanut butter to butter, sugar and bananas; combine.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla and mix just until combined.
- Scoop mixture into muffin tin. I used an ice cream scoop as it makes dispensing really easy.
- Bake at 350º for about 45 – 48 minutes, checking half-way through. When finished, the muffins should have a nice golden brown color and a firm texture. The inside will be soft (stick a toothpick in a few of the muffins to check consistency. If the bread is fully cooked, you should have zero residue on the toothpick).
- When done, remove muffins from oven and let cool in muffin pan for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully pull each muffin out of muffin tin (a knife or fork might help here) and place on a cooling rack.
- Drizzle with a little peanut butter and enjoy!
As always, if you make this recipe, please let me know what you think!
Have a wonderful Saturday. <3